I make this quiche for my sister only once a year–usually on Christmas Morning–but upon reflection, I feel it needs to be put into rotation as a quick and lovely brunch item or even a nice evening meal. It’s so simple and simply the best quiche I make. Not fancy, but very enjoyable!
- Box of pre-made pie shells (I like Pillsbury)
- Maple-flavored breakfast sausages, uncooked
- 10 eggs
- Shredded Mexican style cheese
- 1/3 cup half and half or whole milk
- Red bell pepper, chopped
- Two pie plates (I use my trusty Pyrex ones)
- Salt and pepper
- Remove sausages from their casings and brown in frying pan. (This step can be completed the night before)
- Unroll the pie crusts and line each pie plate, crimping edges of crust
- Divide browned sausage between the two plates, sprinkling evenly
- Cover with shredded cheese
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs with the half and half or milk and season to taste
- Divide the egg mixture between the two pie plates, covering sausage and cheese
- Sprinkle chopped red bell pepper on top
- Bake for 45 minutes in a preheated 375 degree oven
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for at least ten minutes so filling will set
And that’s it! So simple and yet so yummy!
Let me know what you think!!