I got so excited when I posted about my Crusty Italian Bread, I forgot to actually give the ingredients list. My apologies!!
- 6 cups all purpose flour
- 3 cups room temperature water
- 1 tsp Active yeast (about a half of the package if you are using the package)
- 1-2 tsp garlic salt (adjust to your tastes)
- 1-2 tablespoons Italian herb mix OR
- 1-2 tablespoons total of Rosemary, Basil and Oregano (adjust to your tastes, of course!)
- 1/3 cup shredded Romano and/or Parmesan cheese
Note: I assembled all my ingredients except for the water at home and took them in a zippy bag to the place we are visiting
- Mix all your dry ingredients together. When thoroughly mixed, add the water one cup at a time while stirring with a spoon. Continue to mix until incorporated. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to sit for 12-18 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees, with the covered Dutch Oven inside
- Remove Dutch Oven from Oven (carefully)
- Gently form a ball with your dough; no kneading
- Dust the DO with flour and put your dough inside; replace cover
- Return the covered pot to the preheated oven and bake 30 minutes covered
- After 30 minutes, remove the cover (carefully…there may be steam!) and cook for an additional 20 minutes
- Remove pot from oven and turn out your loaf and allow to cool for 10-15 minutes before cutting
And that’s it, folks!
As my son would say: “Easy peasey, lemon squeezy!”
Hey there! Are you enjoying my blog?
Would you do me a favor if you are?
Please share me with your friends!
I’m lonely here and would like to build up my readership! No cost to you and I promise interesting and fresh content on the regular.
Sharing is caring!