In honor of the upcoming Cinco de Mayo holiday, here is an amazingly delicious and fresh Skinny Black Bean Burrito recipe!
They are easy to prepare and so satisfying!
- One yellow, orange or red Bell Pepper, coarsely chopped
- One medium or half large sweet onion (such as Vidalia onion), coarsely chopped
- One medium jalapeño pepper, seeds removed and chopped
- Handful of grape or cherry tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- Handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
- Two cloves of garlic, pressed (feel free to use minced!)
- Pan spray
- Adobo seasoning
- 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup fat free Greek-style yogurt
- Shredded low-fat Mexican style cheese
- Salsa for garnish
- Low-carb wraps, such as Tumaro’s “Skip the Sandwich” Wraps
- Spray a medium non-stick frying pan with cooking spray and set over medium-high heat.
- Toss in Bell pepper, onion, jalapeno pepper, tomatoes, garlic and cilantro and fry until softened and onion is translucent.
- Season with salt and pepper or Adobo seasoning.
- Fold in black beans and cook for an additional minute or two until beans are warmed.
- Remove pan from heat and mix in yogurt. Do NOT do this while the pan is still on the heat or it will curdle! You can also use low-fat cream cheese, but I found the Greek yogurt gave a “fresher” taste and also had less WW points.
- Spoon the mixture into preheated tortillas. Sprinkle with a bit of Mexican style cheese and top with salsa, if desired.
This recipe makes 4-6 fully stuffed burritos and–if prepared as above with fat free yogurt and low-carb wraps–they are only 2 Weight Watcher points!!